This workshop will provide participants with knowledge about the nature and extent of domestic violence. Content will include: the effects of domestic violence on adults and children who witness, lethality and risk assessments, resources and referrals, reporting requirements, legal options for protection and strategies for safety planning, screening for domestic violence, and model protocols for addressing domestic violence.
*This workshop meets the legislative mandate (KRS 194A.540) that will satisfy the three (3) hour training course requirement as directed in subsection (3) and outlined in subsection (2) of the mandate.
• Understand the dynamics of domestic violence
• Understand the impact of domestic violence on adult victims and child witnesses
• Provide information about legal remedies for protection and reporting re- quirements
• Appropriately screen and communicate with victims of domestic violence
• Assess for risks and lethality and facilitate appropriate safety planning
• Provide or refer to available community resources and victim services
• Discuss model protocols for addressing domestic violence